Tribes of Midgard Season 3: Inferno Saga comes to all platforms on August 16!
Today we have a lot of exciting news to share with you! We have been hard at work behind the scenes and now we can finally announce that Tribes of Midgard Season 3: Inferno Saga will be coming to PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch on August 16th!
Season 3 is massive (our biggest update by far) delivering game-changing content, including a new Saga Quest, Saga Boss, Volcanic Spire Biome, Spear weapon (yes, so many of you guessed right!), Fishing, and more. Various improvements to combat, more accessibility settings, and plenty of quality of life additions (many suggested directly by you!) will also be part of this free update. Check out our Roadmap here!
As we’ve mentioned in previous Dev Blogs, this Season will also feature a complete revamp of Survival Mode! Keep on reading as we’ll dive into a bit more of what that means below. 🙂
Still something we can’t believe we’re finally saying – on August 16th, Vikings on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch join the fight against Ragnarök! At launch, they will have access to the new Saga and revamped Survival Mode and will be receiving all future updates for free alongside the other platforms. We look forward to sharing launch timing for specific regions as we get closer to the launch date!
Also launching on August 16 will be updates to BOTH Saga Mode and Survival Mode!
It’s getting HOT in Midgard. 🔥 Our new Season features a brand-new Saga Quest: Inferno. The Saga Boss awaits you in the heart of the Volcanic Spire, a location you maaay recognize from an early teaser!
The new Saga Boss’ followers have set up Outposts across the land, hoarding the Múspelite materials, which can be used to open the Gateway to the Spire. Once there, you’ll have to endure rising temperatures, lava rivers*, and fiery foes as you seek out this new threat.
*we don’t recommend adventuring Vikings swim in the lava rivers
Survival Mode is being completely rebuilt for those looking for a more relaxed Viking Survival experience – an alternative to the urgency you’d normally experience with the coming of Ragnarök in Saga Mode.
It focuses on life long before the Village and the Seed of Yggdrasil came to be. You won’t be alone – our Viking warrior Eira Foot-Crushed will be your guide, along with our fave feline friends Mániklo and Sóleyra. As a reminder – Jötnar will not attack the Village in this Mode – instead, you head out into the world to fight them (and the Saga Bosses) on your own terms!
Some of its new features include:
- No more Giant or Helthing attacks: While Jötnar and Helthings will no longer march towards your Village, they’ll be found throughout Midgard (along with Saga Bosses) and can be defeated for rewards.
- No central Village: Free from the constant threat of incoming Jötnar attacks, Einherjar can write legendary Viking tales of their own, building their perfect Viking homes with a variety of new Constructions and Decorations.
- Crafting 2.0: Without a Village or Vendors, Einherjar in Survival 2.0 need to be self-sufficient to craft items. Utilize the magical Dwarven invention of the Allforge, accessible from the Build menu and free to place anywhere, no materials required. While the Allforge is valuable for repairing Equipment, its true purpose is to instantly build Crafting Stations, which allow you to craft and forge a variety of items depending on the Station type.
- Choose your own destiny: You’ll be able to fully customize your play style with a brand new Blessing Tree layout, containing close to 100 Blessings otherwise contained to a specific Class. The Level cap will be increased from 10 to 50.
- Much more we’ll get into very soon. 🙂
During this simpler time, new advancements in crafting require a new way to fight and gather materials. The addition of Spears will be a great asset to those starting out their journeys in Midgard.
Fishing Rods will also be incredibly helpful in finding out what type of fish are living in the ~Mysterious Ripples~ popping up in Rivers and Oceans. Both will be valuable tools as you survive AND thrive (surthive, as we say) in Midgard!
Of course, we’ll continue to be posting more peeks here and there, and updates with more information on what to expect in Season 3 before it releases on August 16! We’re so looking forward to welcoming new Vikings to our ever-growing family. 💙
Questions? We’ll be hanging out in the comments and on our social media, so don’t hesitate to let us know. Psst. We almost forgot. Here’s a first look at what you can expect…
Tribes of Midgard, Season 3: Inferno Saga is coming August 16
The Norsfell team